Corrugated steel decking is a durable and strong material used to construct roof structures. It is used to create a strong layout by ensuring a flat surface for the roof to provide strength to a building. It is done to prevent the formation from breaking from the roof’s weight. Therefore, corrugated steel decking is used by building owners to create a roof that can withstand loads.
A team of engineers works to put the corrugated steel decking into place. They fit it with the appropriate hardware. Before installing the metal roof, you need to know the principles to help you understand the different types of corrugated steel decking and metal roofing used.
But before the installation process takes place, there are things you and your contractor will have to take to better prepare your house for it.
Preparing Your Home for a Metal Roof Installation
Before the installation process, you have to go through the process of choosing the right roofing contractors for you. At the same time, you choose from all the metal roofing bids presented to you. When you’ve already chosen your contractor, they will take the following steps to ensure that the installation process runs smoothly.
- A site inspection by the contractor – The contractor will do this to check the penetration points, flashing zones, low spots, different roof planes, and gutters. During this time, your contractor will also look at roof access, surrounding landscape, potential problem areas, all perimeters and whether there are transitions, valleys, and backs and sides of chimneys. Be sure that you are present during this time to assist your contractor should there be any need for your assistance. Now is also the best time to discuss previous issues or any concerns you may have so that your contractor will know everything as early as possible.
- Measure the exact size of your roof.
- Sit down to give you options on panel choices, metal material choices, colors and finishes, profiles, accessories, add-ons like skylights, daylighting, solar panels, snow retention systems, maintenance, and warranties.
- How your payment will be handled – Roofing companies allow you to choose from cash or credit transactions. They will also want to know if you plan to let an insurance provider cover the cost.
- Go through the bid or quote to completely understand how much you will be paying based on the included services and products provided by your contractor.
Homeowner Preparation Work
When you’re done discussing everything with your contractor, there are preparations you need to make so that your contractors can perform the best they can.
- Set up blockades around your home. Through this, your neighbors will also know that there is ongoing construction in the area, so they should be extra careful when passing by. If possible, they are requested to refrain from walking along this side of the road to be sure.
- Clear the driveway with all cars or bikes to make way for the contactors’ vehicles to move around quickly.
- Ask the contractor to define the entire workspace they will need during the whole duration of the project.
- Ask the contractor for an estimated timeline for the project to be completed. As homeowners, you need to have a good picture of this one since you will be deciding on your activities around this timeline. You may have to postpone family trips, so you have the time to supervise the construction work.
- Clean up items from your patios and balconies, especially those that may break easily. Doing this will ensure that the contractors have better and easier access to the house without the risk of any damage.
- Protect the plants located beneath the roof or next to the building. Remember that there may be falling debris that may harm your plants.
- Warn neighbors of the potential noise they will hear during construction hours as a common courtesy. If needed, contractors recommend that you ask for their understanding on top of informing them of the potential noise. That is also one reason you must know when the project is finished to make them aware of it.
- If the project requires opening up your home to the outdoors, be sure to move pieces of furniture to a safe space as they may quickly get dusty and dirty during the construction work.
Need Help With Your Corrugated Steel Decking?
Your home deserves only the best materials and installation team. We supply metal products made with utmost precision and craftsmanship at Miami Metal Deck. We can have them shipped to your doorstep, or you may also pick them up from our site. Give us a call today to get the best deals.